|My name is Benny, Roy if you're nasty.|
Well, Dean is, of course, less than inclined to believe this yarn to be the truth, particularly coming from Martin, and gets Sam to let him have a couple hours to figure out what's going on before they go in all machetes hot. Dean tracks down Benny, who says that he hasn't been munching, oh no, it's just been this other vampire Desmond who wants Benny to join a new nest, so he's been killing people to taunt him. Mind you, Benny is telling him this all while cleaning his hands of blood from another victim.
|Martin, you little...|
You see, Sam has been flashing back to more Amelia memories. Lest you forget, last we saw, they had found out that her husband Don, formerly presumed dead, had actually turned back up alive. I think he was in the war or something? I can't remember if we were told this a long time ago or not, but sure. Anyway, basically Amelia has some thinking to do, but when Don actually pays Sam a visit at the bar and is generally nice and tells him he hopes they both can respect Amelia's decision, whatever it is, Sam decides to make it easy on her and take himself out of the equation. Only he isn't over her, clearly, as evidenced by the dramatic racing off. When he gets to her place, though, she's just fine, having a drink and watching TV with ole Don. Wait a minute...
Meanwhile, Dean and Benny team up to take out Desmond, after which Dean tells Benny he's going to have to leave his hometown for good, lay low, that sort of thing that seems like it would make life rather terrible. In any event, he does make to drive off after seeing Elizabeth one last time, but this exit is to be very much short lived, thanks to that pesky Martin, who was surely pissed after not only getting left by Sam but also after getting a talking to from Dean about leaving Benny alone. Because, duh, he decidedly does NOT leave Benny alone, rather taking Elizabeth hostage to get Benny to come back and face him.
|Let's just pause and take a moment to bask in the beauty.|
Meanwhile, Sam has grown suspicious about the whole text thing and calls up the number that came up for Amelia. Turns out, the number belongs to one of the cell phones sitting in Dean's glove compartment. He switched out Amelia's number in Sam's phone with the dummy one and sent the fake text to get Sam out of the way while he dealt with the Benny situation. Oh man, Sam is straight pissed about that, he even hangs up on him.
Lest brotherly angst be what we end on, Sam turns around to find himself face to face with Amelia, who apparently saw him lurking outside her window. Ah shizzzzz!
- I enjoy the many random mentions of John Winchester the show has been sprinkling around lately. Perhaps because of this casting announcement?
- Was that a real wound on Jensen's forehead?
- That old dude's ears in the very beginning were so gigantor. Not relevant, you say? These are random thoughts, man, anything goes.
- I kind of hope they don't get Amelia involved in the supernatural shenanigans, I kind of enjoyed that it was all completely normal with her.
- The look on Dean's face when he realized he had flirted with Benny's great granddaughter? Priceless.
- BTW, if any of you are interested in the Supernatural official season 7 companion book, I'm having a giveaway. It ends December 7th, so go enter if you haven't already!
(not a lot of funny stuff this episode!)
Martin: Winchesters. Man.
Previous Episode -- Next Episode