|Heyyy I'm Crowley.|
Well, not really. They came upon mention of the blade, as they find out thanks to said co-hunter, a buff lady named Tara. Tara kept up the search for said knife of destruction, but was never able to complete the locator spell she found because she needed essence of Kraken. Turns out, Crowley has some of that lying around, so they're able to do the spell, even though Tara is none too pleased to be working with a demon, blah de blah.
|Don't mess with Dean when he's in fight club mode.|
Cain, however, refuses to help Dean and Crowley in their mission to find the first blade. Some other demons show up and Dean has to kill some while Cain watches, which is all some kind of test to see if he's really worthy of the blade and, apparently, the actual mark of Cain. Yes, Cain transfers his physical branded mark to Dean, which I guess makes him able to wield the blade or some such? I don't know. It will also come with some sort of consequences, so we'll see just what those may be. He does finally tell them that he hid the blade at the bottom of the ocean, so Crowley goes off to get it. Dean gets a bit huffy with him before that because Crowley was being nefarious as usual and knew who Cain was and what his past was with Abaddon and all that. Yeah, Cain went to kill Abaddon once before, but she was possessing his lady, so he hesitated and ended up just killing the girl instead. Sob story, etc and so on. Dean promises to kill Crowley once he gets rid of Abaddon, but I'm not sure this show can survive anymore without a dose of Crowley wit every now and then.
|Things never go well when huge needles are involved.|
- I guess the big question here is what is the mark of Cain going to mean for Dean? It's funny because I was just saying the other day how they always give Sam these possessions and demon-y magic things, but hardly ever Dean, so maybe he's finally getting something like that. Guess we'll see.
- The Cas/Sam hug was really awkward. Like, kind of a random hug, Sam. I guess you're thanking Cas for making you see that you should want to live? Okay. Sure.
- Something about Crowley makes you want to trust him, but he always seems to have some nefarious plan up his sleeve.
- Honestly a lot of the stuff happening lately feels like someone went "hey, what if this!" and because it sounds kind of cool, they just go with it. Suddenly Cain is in the mix? Suddenly we're able to extract graces from humans?
- It was fun to see Timothy Omundson as Cain, though. I love me some Psych!
Dean: You wanna hunt. With me.
Crowley: I do love a good buddy comedy.
Crowley: You're gonna play hard to get? We have time for a montage?
Castiel: Tastes like... molecules.
Crowley: Didn't they teach note-taking at Hunters Hogwarts?
Castiel: You have a guinea pig? Where?
Sam: Me, Cas. I'm the guinea pig.
Crowley: Your problem, mate, is nobody hates you more than you do. Believe me, I've tried.
Previous Episode -- Next Episode