|It's not polite to lurk, Ghost Bobby. Or to possess people.|
While the boys try to figure out what it all means, poor prophet Kevin has been taken by Dick Roman, who wants him to translate the tablet for him. Kevin resists at first, even when Dick tries to tempt him, but in the end it's just one of those bring-out-a-family-member-and-threaten-them deals that gets Kevin to cooperate. Though the Leviathan let his mom go in the end, Dick isn't ready to let Kevin go quite yet. Uh oh. Poor Kevin.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, aka Rufus' cabin, that they probably shouldn't be using if they're supposed to be keeping off grid by not using things they've used in the past, Ghost Bobby gets frustrated with the guys not figuring things out fast enough for his taste, and tells Dean that the fallen humanity bit of the word refers to Mr. King of Hell himself, our old buddy Crowley. They summon him up, and while he's pro sharing blood, he's not so much into sharing it with them right at that moment, but rather at the last second before it's needed. The good news, however? He happens to know that one of the alphas escaped death last season, and where he's holing up. To the Batmobile!
|Everyone's favorite wise-cracking King of Hell.|
Eventually they arrive at a monastery, where the alpha vamp is holing up. While Dean is all ready to go in there, machetes slicing, Sam wants to take a calmer approach and plead their case through words. They do end up getting face time with Mr. Alpha, but only after being de-weaponed by some other vamps. And Mr. Alpha, it turns out, was expecting them, thanks to the girl, who was totally on his side. And he's also been in contact with Dick, who had assured him that he and his babies would be totally fine when they start Maui Wowing humanity. Before the boys can plead some more, second in command Leviathan Edgar shows up, requesting the audience of alpha dude.
|This one's just to admire the beauty of the Winchesters.|
While all of this has been going on, we've also had a side story revolving around Ghost Bobby, who has started to become less than nice in his ghostly ways. First he cracks a mirror when he gets minorly frustrated with Dean, then he goes crazy ghost on the hotel room when they leave him behind to go talk to the alpha vamp, going so far as to actually possess the cleaning lady. Okay, Ghost Bobby? Possessing people is not okay, dude.
Oh, and we also get one final scene with Dick, wherein he summons up Crowley and has him stuck in a devil's trap. Crowls, you probably should've just given that blood to the Winchesters earlier, yeah?
- I was hoping that maybe Kevin would've done a fake translation of the tablet for Dick, but it doesn't look like that is the case.
- I was in love with Dean's brown leather jacket. Have we seen him in that before? Whatever the case, more please!
- Totally knew that Stockholm Syndrome girl wasn't legit, she was way too obviously shifty. Come on, boys. Get it together.
- "See you next season" from Alpha Vamp - quite possibly the least hidden hint ever?
- Now wait. Devil's traps work on Crowley, even though he's the king of hell? I confess it's been a while since I brushed up on my devil's trap rules, but it seems not so much with the right.
- Obviously the boys are going to have to get rid of Ghost Bobby come the finale, right? Or he'll have to get rid of himself.
Sam: That crap is in just about everything. Soda, sauces, bread...
Dean: Don't say pie.
Sam: Definitely pie.
Crowley: Keep your friends close, your enemies... blah blah.
Dean: Man, I'm gonna go into toxic shock. I need my road food.
Dean: I can't do this. I can't live on rabbit food. I'm a warrior.
Sam: Dean, you'll be fine.
Dean: You don't know that.
Previous Episode -- Next Episode