|"It's going to be a busy year."|
One more demon to add to the list? Abaddon, who is brought back by an industrious demon who apparently knows some spell to do such things. And she is on a mission to get Crowley and take over Hell. To do that, she wants to get at the Winchesters, because she believes they have him. And they do, so good for her for thinking the true facts. She rustles up some good old fashioned hostages to get them to come to her, and it works a charm.
|Oh Kev, don't listen to him.|
The boys head off to an abandoned town to find the two hunters Abaddon has hostage - Irv and Tracy, who we've never met before but okay. Of course, it's a trap as expected. Though if they knew that going in, not sure why they wouldn't have come with more gear on them. Instead, Dean conveniently tells Tracy to go get stuff from the car while he gets a little one-on-one time with Abaddon. Sam is left to battle three other demons, but when they knock him out, Ezekiel comes to his aid and goes full on glowy eyes, angel-wing-shadows-on-the-wall, on them. Poof! They dead. Abaddon abandons her mission to possess Dean. For now. Oh no, another biggie wanting to possess Dean.
Anyway, Dean comes in to find Zeke, as we shall forthwith call him, standing amid his kills, making it look like they were done in by a demon knife. Dean wants to trust Zeke, but is having a hard time. Yeah, right now he seems like a good guy, but it's hard to tell in the long run if that will still be the case. But, for now, it was rather convenient to have an angel bomb ready to go off when confronted with too many demons.
|Holy water is for Hunters.|
Dean gets one last guilt trip when Sam basically tells him that he feels the best he's ever felt. Oh boy, just wait until you find out you've been secretly possessed all this time. Ah, happiness, she is a fickle temptress for the Winchesters.
- I like how Abaddon comes back naked but blinged out in lipstick and nail polish.
- Agents Stark and Banner - Avengers call out anyone?
- Wow, callback to letting Lucifer out. They hardly ever call back to stuff like that after a while. I like that.
- Are we going to be seeing Tracy again? She had a pretty good introduction, pretending to be a damsel in distress and then killing the vampire that was going to snack on her. Seems like she'll probably come back.
- This seemed a little like a set-up episode. Setting up that Abaddon is back and wants Crowley. That demons are still around and kicking. That Crowley does indeed remember having the feelings from the finale and that he's ready to deal out some names. Kevin's on the rope and maybe his mom is still out there. Zeke is around for some indefinite amount of time.
- Next week: More on the human version of Castiel.
Dean: Oh yeah, he's the junk in my trunk. (regarding Crowley)
Crowley: Torture. Brilliant. Can't wait to see Sam in stilettos and a leather bustier. Really putting the S-A-M into S & M.
Abaddon: But the King is dead. Long live the Queen.
Kevin: 'Cause I'm Kevin frickin' Solo.
Dean: So this whole place is poison?
Dean covers his private bits.
Sam: That's not gonna help.
Dean: Doesn't hurt.
Dean: We gonna fight or make out, 'cause I'm gettin' some real mixed signals here.
Dean: Oh, and uh, I'm awesome, so there's that.
Sam: Jeez. You are pretty damn awesome.
Previous Episode -- Next Episode